Your Spring update from the Kantara team

Kantara Initiative

May 3, 2023, 7:40:22 PM5/3/23
to idassurance+...@googlegroups.com
From your Kantara Board ....

The Kantara Board meets monthly to consider progress against our strategic priorities.

We are further supported by the Kantara Work Groups under the Leadership Council, led by Alec Laws and Jim Pasquale. Individual Directors and Leaders play a vital role in ensuring we represent our members to the full.

At our last meeting, the Board formalised a Sub-Committee for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility (DEIA). This will be led by Jordan Burris and focus on identifying the key metrics and performance indicators to ensure DEIA can be measured consistently across our industry/.

The Board now has 2 Vice Presidents to ensure we maintain our focus on key priority areas. Maria Vachino is our new VP for Identity Assurance and Michael Engle is VP for Member Engagement. In addition, Andrew Hindle will take the lead on Governance, Peter Davis will take the lead on External Liaisons and Community Groups, Patrick Clancey will serve on the Finance Committee along with Andrew Johnston, our Treasurer. Eric Thompson and Mike Engle will serve as the Board representatives to the Leadership Council.

I am looking forward to working with them and the Leadership Council in their roles to achieve great things this year!

Best wishes,

Kay Chopard
Executive Director,
Kantara Initiative

From the Kantara community
Opportunities to meet the Kantara team at EIC, Berlin

The Kantara team will be out in force at next week's European Identity & Cloud Conference. If you're attending, please make sure you have time in your schedule for our Kantara Workshop on 9th May (08.30-12:30). Our Executive Director, Kay Chopard will be joined by a number of our Board Directors and Work Group leaders. This is a great opportunity to ask them directly about the priorities and progress at Kantara Initiative.

In addition, Kay will speak on a number of panels - one with Women in Identity (WiD) and another with several partners (including WiD and IDPro) to explore the potential of working in communities in the identity sector.

Register for EIC here
New auditors accredited in the UK

We're delighted to announce that we have accredited Schellman & Associates to join our roster of auditors in the UK.

In line with strong growth in UK certifications, Schellman will support clients through the process of becoming certified against the UK government's DIATF.

We continue to maintain delivery of our services in both the US and UK with the highest levels of quality, integrity, and authority

Interested in finding out more about our UK certification program? Get in touch .....

Contact us regarding UK certification
Work Group roundup - User Managed Access

In the UMA Work Group, we are working on a new report on how the UK Pensions Dashboard program uses the UMA specification to address many of the technical challenges of a wide-ecosystem. A first draft will be coming soon and all feedback is encouraged!

In addition, Steve Venema (UMA Vice-chair) facilitated the UMA 101 session at last week's IIW! You can find his presentation here.

Heading to Las Vegas for Identiverse? Kantara member discount available

We are supporting Identiverse 2023 as an industry partner this year and will be presenting and chairing several of the sessions in Las Vegas. Kantara members are entitled to 25% discount. Simply use the code IDV23-KI25 when you register at https://identiverse.com.

(Sorry but the discount code is not retroactive to any existing registrations, it’s only available for new registrations.)

Promote your membership and/or certification of Kantara

If you are attending any of the upcoming identity events, we have promotional materials available to help you advertise your Kantara membership and/or certification.

We'll email these directly to all members and clients in the coming days so please check your Inbox for them.

  Twitter   Linkedin