[WG-IDAssurance] Invitation and Agenda for IAWG call 2021-08-26

Martin Smith

Aug 24, 2021, 11:37:29 AM8/24/21
to IA WG, Lynzie Adams

Dear IAWG,

Please join us Thursday, August 26, at 1pm US Eastern Time.  In addition to hearing updates from Ken and Kay, we will approve criterion changes to be included in a package to be submitted for approval via the Kantara review process.  The changes to be approved Thursday are (1) definition of a process for including a "comparable alternative" control as part of a Kantara assessment; (2) clarification of where the use of "presentation attack detection" (PAD) may be appropriate; and (3) accumulated non-substantive errata.

We have set a target of getting approval of the revisions by mid-November, which, given the review process timelines, means we have to finalize the package at this meeting.

The proposed agenda and dial in details are below.

Date and Time

  • Date: Thursday, 2021-08-26
  • Time: 10:00 PDT | 13:00 EDT (time zone calculator)
  • Please join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.

                https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/783738341

    • You can also dial in using your phone. United States: +1 (646) 749-3129
    • Access Code: 783-738-341

Proposed Agenda

1.      Administration:

a. Roll Call, determination of quorum
b. Agenda Confirmation
c. Minutes Approval - 2021-08-19 DRAFT Minutes
d. Staff reports and updates -- Including UK update from Kay
e. LC reports and updates
f. Call for Tweet-worthy items to feed (@KantaraNews)

 2.      Discussion

a.      Approve criterion language regarding "comparable alternative controls."

b.    Approve proposed text regarding use of "presentation attack detection" (PAD.)

c.       Confirmation of other non-substantive corrections to criterion errata to be included in the package to be submitted.

3.      Any Other Business and Next Meeting Date

--
Martin Smith 703 389-3224
IAWG Vice-Chair

Martin Smith

Aug 25, 2021, 4:56:18 PM8/25/21
to IA WG, Lynzie Adams

Dear IAWG,

Please join us TOMORROW, Thursday, August 26, at 1pm US Eastern Time.  In addition to hearing updates from Ken and Kay, we will approve criterion changes to be included in a package to be submitted for approval via the Kantara review process.  The changes to be approved Thursday are (1) definition of a process for including a "comparable alternative" control as part of a Kantara assessment; (2) clarification of where the use of "presentation attack detection" (PAD) may be appropriate; and (3) accumulated non-substantive errata.

Martin Smith

Aug 26, 2021, 11:42:45 AM8/26/21
to IA WG, Lynzie Adams
Dear IAWG,

Please join us TODAY, Thursday, August 26, at 1pm US Eastern Time.  In addition to hearing updates from Ken and Kay, we will ask new Kantara Assurance Program Manager Lynzie Adams to briefly introduce herself.

The main topic will be approval of criterion changes to be included in a package to be submitted for approval via the Kantara review process.  The changes to be approved today are (1) definition of a process for including a "comparable alternative" control as part of a Kantara assessment; (2) clarification of where the use of "presentation attack detection" (PAD) may be appropriate; and (3) accumulated non-substantive errata.

We have set a target of getting Kantara approval of the revisions by mid-November, which, given the review process timelines, means we have to finalize the package at this meeting.

Tim Reiniger

Aug 26, 2021, 12:23:44 PM8/26/21
to martin...@acm.org, IA WG, Lynzie Adams

Hello Martin and WG:

I am not sure if this is within the scope of the WG. But this urgent situation in Afghanistan (which dramatically illustrates some of the well-know risks of digital identity systems) likely will be of interest: https://www.accessnow.org/whyid-afghanistan-biometrics/

Regards,

Tim

Sent from Mail for Windows

Richard G. WILSHER (@Zygma)

Aug 26, 2021, 12:53:44 PM8/26/21
to martin...@acm.org, IA WG, Lynzie Adams

Pfa a ZIP with four of five SAC docs ready for review and (I think / hope desperately) are fit for approval and, pending a determination of the nature of revision, public review or not.

Richard G. WILSHER
Founder & CEO,  Zygma Inc.
               https://kantarainitiative.org/wp-content/uploads/brizy/11604/assets/images/iW=341&iH=341&oX=0&oY=43&cW=341&cH=255/Kantara-Award-Badge-02.png
Operating independently since 1993