Dances of Universal Peace & Om Chant this Saturday, March 4th at Foundation of Light, Ithaca

Jim Volckhausen

Feb 28, 2023, 12:06:02 AM2/28/23
to Ithaca Dances of Universal Peace, Ithaca Sufi Center, Azad Volckhausen
Peaceful Steps Upon the Earth

image.png                      DUP FOL Banner by Masha.jpg

Join us this Saturday for Dances of Universal Peace

Saturday, March 4, 7:15-8:45pm

at Foundation of Light

391 Turkey Hill Road, Ithaca

Walking Meditation & Chanting at 7:15pm

Dances begin at 7:30pm

Full schedule:
Snacks and Simple Food-to-Pass 6:45-7:15
Walking Meditation 7:15
Dances 7:30

The Dances of Universal Peace are a spiritual practice in motion. Drawing on sacred phrases, songs and poetry from many wisdom traditions of the earth, the Dances blend chants, live music and simple movements into a living experience of unity and peace. We dance to create peace within ourselves, our communities and the world. No experience is necessary; just an open heart, willing spirit and respect for the sacred space we create.

OM Chanting is a group healing technique that helps us to experience the divinity within our own self.
We sit in a specially arranged circle and chant the mantra OM out loud for 45 min. Due to a blessing from spiritual Masters Paramahamsa Vishwananda and Mahavatar Babaji, OM Chanting generates a high vibration that releases our negativity, transforms it and showers us with positive energy. You're literally getting infused with the vibration of OM!

Om Circle 2.jpg

A $5-20 donation is requested. Please don't let lack of funds keep you from attending.There are plenty of other ways to support the Dances... just ask us!

For more information, please contact: Azad at az...@idancepeace.org or 607-379-3444

Mark your calendar, upcoming Dances of Universal Peace:

First Saturdays of each month

Odd months: March 4, May 6, July 1, Sept 2, Nov 4 at Foundation of Light7:15-9:00pm

Even months: Feb 4, April 1, June 3 at First Unitarian Society
Contact Diane at 607-351-3000 or Rukmini at gmill...@gmail.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

30th Annual (In-Person) Ithaca Dance Gathering

Dances of Universal Peace Retreat &Camp

June 22-25, 2023

DUP logo b&w.png

Held at a beautiful, new location!

Sky Lake Retreat Center, Windsor, New York

Our theme this year: “Reunion”

~~~~~~~
And Dances of Peace will also be shared at
at Arnot Forest
June 21-25, 2023

Staying healthy:
Please refrain from coming if experiencing COVID, cold or flu symptoms. Masks are welcome. Free COVID self-tests and masks available at door. There is space in the FOL main room to spread out as desired for safety, and there are multiple air purifiers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other Events of Interest

Ongoing Sufi Meditations
Every Tuesday, 5:15-6:15 p.m.
via Zoom
Contact Azad at az...@idancepeace.org or 607-379-3444
On Facebook: Ithaca Sufis

Jim Volckhausen

Apr 29, 2023, 12:48:00 PM4/29/23
to Ithaca Dances of Universal Peace, Ithaca Sufi Center, Azad Volckhausen
Dances of Universal Peace this Saturday and Next Saturday! 4/29 5pm & 5/6 7:15pm

image.png                      DUP FOL Banner by Masha.jpg

Join us this Saturday for Dances of Universal Peace

Saturday, April 29, 5-6pm

at Foundation of Light

391 Turkey Hill Road, Ithaca

[...]

Odd months: May 6, July 1, Sept 2, Nov 4 at Foundation of Light7:15-9:00pm
Even months: June 3 at First Unitarian Society
Contact Diane at 607-351-3000 or Rukmini at gmill...@gmail.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

30th Annual (In-Person) Ithaca Dance Gathering

Dances of Universal Peace Retreat &Camp

June 22-25, 2023

DUP logo b&w.png

Held at a beautiful, new location!

Sky Lake Retreat Center, Windsor, New York

Our theme this year: “Reunion”

~~~~~~~

Jim Volckhausen

May 5, 2023, 12:10:07 AM5/5/23
to Ithaca Dances of Universal Peace, Ithaca Sufi Center
Dances of Universal Peace this Saturday 5/6, 7:15pm

image.png                      DUP FOL Banner by Masha.jpg

Join us this Saturday for Dances of Universal Peace

Saturday, May 6, 7:15-8:45pm

at Foundation of Light

391 Turkey Hill Road, Ithaca

[...]

Even months: June 3, Aug 5, Oct 7, Dec 2 at First Unitarian Society
Contact Diane at 607-351-3000 or Rukmini at gmill...@gmail.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

30th Annual (In-Person) Ithaca Dance Gathering

Dances of Universal Peace Retreat & Camp

June 22-25, 2023

Jim Volckhausen

Aug 18, 2023, 1:34:18 PM8/18/23
to Ithaca Dances of Universal Peace, Ithaca Sufi Center, Ira Kamp, Marne O'Shae, Lloyd Prem Katz, Yarrow Nelson & Kara Hagedorn, Fol, Eva Hunter, ithacadancesof...@gmail.com
Dances and Chants of Universal Peace this evening, Friday 8/18, 6:30pm

image.png                      DUP FOL Banner by Masha.jpg

Join us this evening for Dances of Universal Peace

Friday, 6:30-8pm

at Foundation of Light

391 Turkey Hill Road, Ithaca
(please note- the Hu Dost concert this evening is cancelled, but we will still hold the dances that were to precede Hu Dost, perhaps with some chants of peace as well)

The Dances of Universal Peace are a spiritual practice in motion. Drawing on sacred phrases, songs and poetry from many wisdom traditions of the earth, the Dances blend chants, live music and simple movements into a living experience of unity and peace. We dance to create peace within ourselves, our communities and the world. No experience is necessary; just an open heart, willing spirit and respect for the sacred space we create.

A $5-20 donation is requested. Please don't let lack of funds keep you from attending.There are plenty of other ways to support the Dances... just ask us!

For more information, please contact: Azad at az...@idancepeace.org or 607-379-3444

Mark your calendar, upcoming Dances of Universal Peace:

First Saturdays of each month

Odd months: Sept 2, Nov 4 at Foundation of Light7:15-9:00pm
Even months: Oct 7, Dec 2 at First Unitarian Society
Contact Diane at 607-351-3000 or Rukmini at gmill...@gmail.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Staying healthy:
Please refrain from coming if experiencing COVID, cold or flu symptoms. Masks are welcome. Free COVID self-tests and masks available at door. There is space in the FOL main room to spread out as desired for safety, and there are multiple air purifiers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other Events of Interest

Ongoing Sufi Meditations
Every Tuesday, 5:15-6:15 p.m.
via Zoom, beginning in September

Caroline Goff

Aug 18, 2023, 3:40:58 PM8/18/23
to idancepea...@googlegroups.com, Ithaca Dances of Universal Peace, Ithaca Sufi Center, Ira Kamp, Marne O'Shae, Lloyd Prem Katz, Yarrow Nelson & Kara Hagedorn, Fol, Eva Hunter, ithacadancesof...@gmail.com
Dear Jim
Thanks for the invitation
I am out of town
Caroline

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 18, 2023, at 1:34 PM, Jim Volckhausen <jim...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dances and Chants of Universal Peace this evening, Friday 8/18, 6:30pm

<image.png>

Jim Volckhausen

Aug 29, 2023, 12:16:55 AM8/29/23
to Ithaca Dances of Universal Peace, Ithaca Sufi Center, Azad Volckhausen, Fol, Ira Kamp, Marne O'Shae, Lloyd Prem Katz, ithacadancesof...@gmail.com
Dances of Universal Peace this Saturday 9/2, 7:15pm

image.png                      DUP FOL Banner by Masha.jpg

Join us this Saturday for Dances of Universal Peace

Saturday, September 2, 7:15-8:45pm

at Foundation of Light

391 Turkey Hill Road, Ithaca

As you live deeper in the Heart, the mirror gets clearer and clearer. - Rumi

The Dances of Universal Peace are a spiritual practice in motion. Drawing on sacred phrases, songs and poetry from many wisdom traditions of the earth, the Dances blend chants, live music and simple movements into a living experience of unity and peace. We dance to create peace within ourselves, our communities and the world. No experience is necessary; just an open heart, willing spirit and respect for the sacred space we create.

A $5-25 donation is requested. Please don't let lack of funds keep you from attending.There are plenty of other ways to support the Dances... just ask us!

For more information, please contact: Azad at az...@idancepeace.org or 607-379-3444

Mark your calendar, upcoming Dances of Universal Peace:

First Saturdays of each month

Odd months: Sept 2, Nov 4, Jan 6 at Foundation of Light7:15-8:30pm
Even months: Oct 7, Dec 2 at First Unitarian Society, 7:15pm
Contact Diane at 607-351-3000 or Rukmini at gmill...@gmail.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Staying healthy:
Please refrain from coming if experiencing COVID, cold or flu symptoms. Masks are welcome. Free COVID self-tests and masks available at door. There is space in the FOL main room to spread out as desired for safety, and there are multiple air purifiers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other Events of Interest

Ongoing Sufi Meditations with the Ithaca Sufi Center
Every Tuesday, 5:15-6:15 p.m.
via Zoom
Contact Azad at az...@idancepeace.org or 607-379-3444

Jim Volckhausen

Sep 1, 2023, 10:49:03 PM9/1/23
to Ithaca Dances of Universal Peace, Ithaca Sufi Center, Azad Volckhausen, Fol, Ira Kamp, Marne O'Shae, ithacadancesof...@gmail.com
Come again, come, whoever you are; wanderer, worshipper, lover of leaving, come! This Saturday evening 9/2 at FOL.

Please note that instead of an October 7 (first Saturday of October) dance, there will be a dance Sat 9/30, at the Unitarian Church, downtown Ithaca.

In peace,
Azad

On Tue, Aug 29, 2023 at 12:16 AM Jim Volckhausen <jim...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Even months: xxOct 7xx (Switched to Sept 30!), Dec 2 at First Unitarian Society, 7:15pm
Contact Diane at 607-351-3000 or Rukmini at gmill...@gmail.com
Message has been deleted