How to Extract Twitter Data from Tweet/User IDs in bulk

Irita Mishra

Aug 28, 2016, 10:41:01 AM8/28/16
to icwsm-data
Hello all. I am Irita, from ABV-IIITM Gwalior and I need help accessing and extracting Twitter data for my research.

My research requires Twitter users with at least 500 posts (can go up to 2000 posts), with time stamps, if possible. Can anyone help me out by suggesting me an appropriate dataset from ICWSM for the same because I am at a loss in figuring this out? Also there are twitter IDs available but it is manually impossible to extract the tweets with the time stamps for 5000 or so users.

My entire team would be highly obliged if anyone could guide us in the right direction.

Bruno Goncalves

Aug 29, 2016, 10:52:35 AM8/29/16
to icwsm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Irita,

You may find the first part of this tutorial on using the Twitter API useful: https://github.com/bmtgoncalves/Mining-Georeferenced-Data

In particular, this script https://github.com/bmtgoncalves/Mining-Georeferenced-Data/blob/master/Part1/timeline_twitter.py will collect all the tweets authors by a specific user. You should be able to easily modify it to do what you want.

Best,

Bruno