Assume the obligatory new to ruby\cucumber\iCuke. I really want to get this figured out to use at my medium sized iPhone Development company, even know everyone is telling me it's not ready for prime time. So far:
During trouble shooting I noticed a few differences:
- The launch command for the Aslak example is "rake features", and reports "# lib/icuke/icuke_world".
- The launch command for the Pragmatic example is "cucumber XYZ.features", and reports "# iCuke-0.6.3/lib/icuke/cucumber.rb:219".
As I was just typing this I went through the motions again, AND IT WORKED! Though I'm not sure why. The only thing I did recently was to install RVM. So, now as excited as I am that it finally worked, I have the 3 following questions:
1. Why does one example use a Rake command while the other uses a Cucumber command?
2. Why does one example report icuke_world while the other reports cucumber.rb?
3. Should I have needed to install RVM to get it to work or is that simply a coincidence?
Any an all assistance is MUCH appreciated. I really love the community supporting community aspect of this and plan to do the same once I get this all nailed down. I want to put together a white sheet for newbies, as so many of us seem to be, as a lot of the examples assume a certain level of knowledge.