Timeout error trying to run icuke with xcode 4 gold master

Christian

Feb 14, 2011, 4:44:13 PM2/14/11
to iCuke
I have a fresh install of xcode 4 GM and I'm trying to follow the
icuke tutorial here: http://pragprog.com/magazines/2010-07/bdd-on-iphone-icuke

When I run the first feature the simulator won't even launch and I
get:

Feature: Adding a contact
In order to remember my friend’s phone number
As a forgetful user
I want to add my friend to my contact list

Background: #
features/add_contact.feature:6
Given "QuickContacts.xcodeproj" is loaded in the simulator #
iCuke-0.6.3/lib/icuke/cucumber.rb:197
execution expired (Timeout::Error)
/opt/local/lib/ruby/1.8/timeout.rb:64:in `launch'
features/add_contact.feature:7:in `Given
"QuickContacts.xcodeproj" is loaded in the simulator'

Sjors Provoost

Feb 14, 2011, 9:17:26 PM2/14/11
to ic...@googlegroups.com
Try:
Given "QuickContacts.xcodeproj" is loaded in the iphone simulator

(so add "iphone")

Sjors

Christian

Feb 14, 2011, 10:53:06 PM2/14/11
to iCuke
No luck. Same issue.

Jason Felice

Feb 15, 2011, 8:55:47 AM2/15/11
to ic...@googlegroups.com

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 10:53 PM, Christian <csch...@gmail.com> wrote:
No luck. Same issue.

1. Make sure you are using the version of iCuke from Git rather than the gem.  There are some fixes here for detecting the SDK.
2. Make sure you have not set a global value for the build products directory (there's a hackish patch to address this in BlueFrogGaming fork).
3. Make sure you explicitly specify the SDK as being "4.0", even if you are using 4.2, as in:

  Given "QuickContacts.xcodeproj" is loaded in the iphone simulator with SDK 4.0

Christian Schlensker

Feb 15, 2011, 10:44:05 AM2/15/11
to ic...@googlegroups.com
I've gotten the latest from the unboxed repo and ran rake from the root: (should I be using a different branch?)

"/Volumes/MacintoshHD/Users/christian/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.8.7-p330/bin/ruby" -rubygems /Volumes/MacintoshHD/Users/christian/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p330/gems/rake-0.8.7/bin/rake RUBYARCHDIR=/Volumes/MacintoshHD/Users/christian/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p330/gems/iCuke-0.6.3/lib RUBYLIBDIR=/Volumes/MacintoshHD/Users/christian/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p330/gems/iCuke-0.6.3/lib
cd WaxSim && xcodebuild install DSTROOT=../../ INSTALL_PATH=/ext/bin
(in /Volumes/MacintoshHD/Users/christian/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p330/gems/iCuke-0.6.3/ext)
sh: line 0: cd: WaxSim: No such file or directory
rake aborted!
Command failed with status (1): [cd WaxSim && xcodebuild install DSTROOT=.....]
/Volumes/MacintoshHD/Users/christian/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p330/gems/iCuke-0.6.3/ext/Rakefile:4

Christian Schlensker

Jason Felice

Feb 15, 2011, 11:07:51 AM2/15/11
to ic...@googlegroups.com
You need to clone --recursive or "git submodule init && git submodule update" after cloning.

Christian Schlensker

Feb 15, 2011, 11:19:41 AM2/15/11
to ic...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. That worked with robholland's fork.

--
Christian Schlensker

Christian Schlensker

Feb 15, 2011, 11:47:40 AM2/15/11
to ic...@googlegroups.com
Does this mean that in order to add icuke to an existing project I have to get all the files from the git repo each time? I can't use the "icuke ." command?

--
Christian Schlensker

Jason Felice

Feb 15, 2011, 1:15:00 PM2/15/11
to ic...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 11:47 AM, Christian Schlensker <csch...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does this mean that in order to add icuke to an existing project I have to get all the files from the git repo each time? I can't use the "icuke ." command?

I'm not sure what the icuke command is, but we use bundler, then we put this:

gem "iCuke", :git => "g...@github.com:BlueFrogGaming/icuke.git"

in our Gemfile (which is a reference to our fork).  We run cucumber with "bundler exec cucumber".  If iCuke has a command, you should be able to use that with bundler exec.