Help needed

Kevster

Nov 2, 2010, 11:05:21 AM11/2/10
to iCuke
Hi all,
Thanks to the answers to my previous questio i managed to get teh demo
running fine.

I'm a complete newbie to cucumber, ruby, and icuke and need some help
in getting it to work with a iPhone app I need to setup a test for.

I have the project folder, with its xcodeproject file and other
associated bits. Can someone give simple step by step instructions on
how to get icuke to test the app (writing the test script is no
problem - I understand that) but all the online references I can find
don't really explain it for a newbie.

Thanks

Cory Radcliff

Nov 2, 2010, 11:51:11 AM11/2/10
to ic...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevster

I'll put together some notes (I've been wanting to for my team anyways) and post them back to the group. Honestly, I've made quite a few enhancements that I want to post back as well, but I've never committed to a git hosted project so I have to figure that out first. For starters, I started on the cheezy branch, it seemed like it worked better. I added some simpler ways to make it work.

I will tell you something else. Your best friend, as in ALL programming, is printing messages to the console. I did this to figure out how to get things up and running. Check out "puts". Its basically NSLOG, System.out, printf, etc.

Also, you can modify the code directly to put these in the icuke code.  There are not that many files, and they are pretty easy to figure out which does what. Check out the files in /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/iCuke-0.6.3/lib/icuke/. Back them up, of course, and since they are library files they will be read only.

Kevster

Nov 9, 2010, 10:15:49 AM11/9/10
to iCuke
Thanks,