Should iCuke use Frank's sim_launcher?

1 view

Jason Felice

Mar 30, 2011, 10:16:37 PM3/30/11
to ic...@googlegroups.com, Pete Hodgson, Matt Di Pasquale, frank-...@googlegroups.com

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 1:12 AM, Pete Hodgson <phod...@thoughtworks.com> wrote:
Hey Matt, hey iCukes!

Interesting suggestion. I think there are definitely ideas and approaches that the two projects can borrow from each other. For example I think I took some pretty hefty 'inspiration' for the sim_launcher gem which Frank now uses to launch the iOS Simulator by looking at how iCuke tackled the same problem.

I haven't looked at sim_launcher yet, but I'm not fond of the code organization in iCuke for launching.  I've also needed this functionality in Rakefiles which have nothing to do with iCuke, so I think sharing this might be a good idea.

I'm also having some problems with iCuke timing out at launch at random, though frequently enough that I can't get a full build to pass with the (now large) number of cucumber tests in our latest game.

Thoughts?  Any reason I shouldn't look into this, or should look into another method?