Forks

Sjors

Feb 7, 2011, 3:05:24 AM2/7/11
to iCuke
Hi everyone,

I just discovered iCuke and I'm looking forward to work with it. I
noticed the current version [0] of the gem (0.6.3) is from june last
year, but some of the forks are much more recent. Which fork should I
pay most attention to?

I tried downloading the zip file from DavorC's fork [1], but I was not
able to install it:

gem build iCuke.gemspecERROR: While executing gem ...
(Gem::InvalidSpecificationException)
["ext/WaxSim/Simulator.h", "ext/WaxSim/Simulator.m", "ext/WaxSim/
WaxSim.m", "ext/WaxSim/WaxSim.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj", "ext/WaxSim/
WaxSim_Prefix.pch", "ext/WaxSim/iPhoneSimulatorRemoteClient/
iPhoneSimulatorRemoteClient.h"] are not files

The directory ext/WaxSim is empty; should I find these files somewhere
else or am I missing something?

Cheers,

Sjors

[0] http://rubygems.org/gems/iCuke
[1] https://github.com/DavorC/icuke

Sjors Provoost

Feb 7, 2011, 3:37:04 AM2/7/11
to iCuke, da...@jayway.com
I see I should install it in a different way according to this video [0]:

git clone git://github.com/DavorC/icuke.git   (or some other recent fork)
rake features

However, that still results in a similar error:

Sjors-Macbook:icuke sjors$ rake features
(in /Users/sjors/dev/gems/icuke)
All dependencies seem to be installed.
cd ext && rake
(in /Users/sjors/dev/gems/icuke/ext)
cd WaxSim && xcodebuild install DSTROOT=../../ INSTALL_PATH=/ext/bin
Build settings from command line:
   DSTROOT = ../../
   INSTALL_PATH = /ext/bin
xcodebuild: Error: the directory /Users/sjors/dev/gems/icuke/ext/WaxSim does not contain an Xcode project.
rake aborted!
Command failed with status (1): [cd WaxSim && xcodebuild install DSTROOT=.....]
/Users/sjors/dev/gems/icuke/ext/Rakefile:2
rake aborted!
Command failed with status (1): [cd ext && rake...]
/Users/sjors/dev/gems/icuke/Rakefile:36

Any idea?

Sjors Provoost

Feb 7, 2011, 4:03:39 AM2/7/11
to iCuke, da...@jayway.com
It seems I forgot "--recursive" in my git clone command.
git clone --recursive git://github.com/DavorC/icuke.git

Works like a charm now!

Sjors