Special characters

Cory Radcliff

Sep 30, 2010, 6:16:53 PM9/30/10
to ic...@googlegroups.com

How do I tap unicode characters?

For example I want to tap £. I have to tap "more, numbers", "more, symbols", but I can't put "£" in there becuase I get a ruby error:

malformed UTF-8 character (ArgumentError)

The key looks something like this in the accessibility thing:

<UIAccessibilityElementKBKey traits="plays_sound keyboard_key " label="&#xA3;">

Not necessarily that label but something like it.

Sowmya Ramesh

Nov 19, 2010, 4:54:21 PM11/19/10
to iCuke
Cory, Were you able to solve this? I set my keyboard with Eg:
japanese character -- even now it dosen't work..

pls let me know if you found some solution.. thanks!

Cory Radcliff

Nov 19, 2010, 5:32:55 PM11/19/10
to ic...@googlegroups.com

I don't think I did. Its been a month since I've had time to mess with iCuke, to be honest.

Cory Radcliff

Nov 19, 2010, 5:33:23 PM11/19/10
to ic...@googlegroups.com
I think I ended up just forcing my tester to tap the location on the screen, which sucks.