SIGCHI elections (pitch for Neha Kumar)

Bill Tucker

Mar 10, 2021, 1:38:06 AM3/10/21
to ictdevers
Hi all. I realise many of you are not ACM members. So, their 'developing' country discount is $43/annum, and our uni gets the institutional sub to the Digital Library (accessible via VPN) . . . and students can get it for $18/annum last time I checked.

Anyways . . .

Please sign up to vote in the SIGCHI elections! The deadline to sign up as a SIGCHI member (not ACM, they are different, and SIGCHI is cheaper) is March 15th. This is the place to sign up: https://www.acm.org/special-interest-groups/sigs/sigchi. In addition to being a voting member, membership is also helpful in getting cheaper access to conferences, etc. No matter who you choose to vote for (I'm voting for Neha/Shaowen as President/Executive VP), we know that every vote counts!

If you sign up, you will soon get in your email the ballot from ACM, with statements from all the candidates as well, so you will know what you're voting for... Also, if you'd like to know what the SIGCHI executive committee has been up to lately, you can check out the SIGCHI Medium publication at http://medium.com/sigchi/.

I have known Neha for a very long time via ICTD, DEV (two ACM conferences) and ITID journal. She also externals for my ICT4D Honours course at UWC. She is solid.

bill

--

William D. Tucker (aka Bill)
Associate Professor of Computer Science