FW: Call for Applications: 12 fellowships in the “Young Academy for Sustainability Research” at Freiburg Institute of Advanced Studies

Gianluca Miscione

Jun 21, 2021, 1:48:45 PM6/21/21
to UZH

 ***Apoloiges for cross-posting***

Please distribute as you see fit

Thanks,

Gianluca

Dear colleagues,

it has been a while since we have heard from each other. I hope things are fine on your side.

Today, I wanted to draw your attention to a recent call for applications (see below and in the attached PDF). Especially the first thematic area, i.e. "Understanding and managing sustainable energy transitions", may resonate well with some of your work.

The so-called Anchor Fellowship behind this thematic area is tied to "The Political Economy of Solar Energy in the Middle East and North Africa" - to be completed with other disciplinary perspectives and empirical insights from other regions as part of the fellowships that are announced, now.

So, please, make young colleagues aware of this call - and also feel free to share the lower part of this e-mail widely.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.

With best regards from Freiburg,

Philipp

---------------------------------

Dear colleagues,

I would like to draw your attention to a recent call for applications for up to 12 2-year fellowships in the “Young Academy for Sustainability Research” at the Freiburg Institute of Advanced Studies (FRIAS).

You can find the call (open until July 11th, 2021) attached to this mail as well as on the FRIAS website, including further information about the Young Academy:

https://www.frias.uni-freiburg.de/de/aktuelles/wiss-ausschreibungen/memberships-young-academy

The “Young Academy for Sustainability Research” is open for all disciplines. In its first two years, work at the Young Academy is supposed to revolve broadly around the following two themes and related cross-cutting thematic areas: (i) Understanding and managing sustainable energy transitions (including a.) power and responsibility, b.) innovations for sustainability, c.) system transformations); and (ii) Understanding and managing green infrastructures in socio-ecological systems (including d.) adaptation, vulnerability and resilience; e.) environmental risks).

Please feel free to spread the call among your colleagues and interesting candidates.

Best regards,

Philipp Späth

--
PD Dr. Philipp Späth