Cloud computing is a trap, warns GNU founder

1 view

Ramon Thomas

Oct 1, 2008, 4:20:22 AM10/1/08
to netuc...@googlegroups.com, African Bloggers, Credo Mutwa Discussion Group, uitenh...@yahoogroups.com, suann...@yahoogroups.com, South-African-W...@googlegroups.com, ict-4-c...@googlegroups.com, afri...@googlegroups.com
Good morning digital citizens! Have you voted for your next President
yet? Oops! I forget the Internet voting network was a Dilbert TV episode
and not reality...

Anyway if I was Roman Catholic, this would be like a decree from
Vatican2 or even better yet a message from Thomas Aquinas himself.

Richard Stallman is not an icon like Steve Jobs, however, he is an
iconoclast. He breathes down the 3 pillars of technology terrorism I
spoke about in public for the first time in September 2008.

Anyway consider this a notice that I will be removing all, I mean ALL,
my dependency from Google, Yahoo & Co before 31 December 2008.

Thank to my friend Henry Addo (http://twitter.com/eyedol), the most
astute blogger from Ghana, for bringing clarity to this issue:
http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/opensource/?p=278
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/sep/29/cloud.computing.richard.stallman

I recently attended the Gartner hype cycle in Cape Town:
http://www.gartner.co.za

Here's more to consider:
http://blogs.siliconvalley.com/gmsv/2008/09/class-action-helps-fund-class-action.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Stallman

Call me on my contact numbers below to discuss the implications for your
organisation...

Peace!
Ramon

--
Ramon Thomas | Skype: ramon.thomas | Tel 041 9922899 | Cell: 0829407137
| mailto:ra...@ramonthomas.com | Blog http://ramonthomas.com

Lonely or Frustrated? Hire a Dating Coach today:
http://datingcoach.co.za