Blogging online workshop -get2gether on Thursday

Maggie Verster

May 18, 2009, 3:26:27 PM5/18/09
to ict-4-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

We have thrown together another blogging workshop -get-together (1 hour
long) which will be happening on Thursday at 2 pm (SA time) ONLINE on an
/any computer near you....;-)

Sue Waters (the Edublog blogging guru of note) will do an overview of
blogging in terms of how it can connect your students to a global audience
and how this engages them plus changes the way they learn. She will include
how the student blogging challenge is helping create connections and show an
example of the growth a student's blog can go through. Then she will show us
the inside of Edublogs, Edublogs Campus and Blogs.mu - for a comparison and
talk about how you choose each based on the level of control you want.

If you ever wanted to start your learners blogging, here is your chance to
get a good overview!!! Please let me know if you will be attending and set
your alarms so that you do not forget (just to get an idea of how many
"locals we will be" - otherwise just pitch) . It will be happening in the
Elluminate platform (great online conferencing tool) so you need to make
sure that your school/varsity does not block it and get the techie guy to
open it up.

To see how this quick, on the spot on demand learning came about and for
instructions on how to join in on Thursday, go to
http://maggiev.edublogs.org/2009/05/18/twitter-on-demand-learning-and-suppor
t/

If you have any hassles, twitter, skype , e-mail or phone me.....whatever!

Kind regards

Maggie 2.0

Educational social media consultant and teacher trainer
(+maths + chocolate lover +lifelong learner)

Tel: +27(0)11 7917155 (Office)

Tel: +27(0)11 7917156 (Home)

Cell: +27(0)835566962

e-mail: <mailto:mag...@maggie.co.za> mag...@maggie.co.za