Free online blogging un-workshop

Maggie Verster

Oct 29, 2008, 7:37:21 AM10/29/08
to ict-4-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi All!

I will be running an online un-workshop for teacher (but anyone who want to
learn how to really get blogging can join). For more info and to register go
to http://learnwithmaggie.ning.com/forum/topic/show?id=2015258%3ATopic%3A985

Blogging is easy, effortless (I lie of course) and fun! So whether you want
to create a vibrant space for your school to show the real spirit of
learning, or whether you want to post homework for parents to keep track of
what their kids are supposed to be doing, or is you just want to create a
showcase for your organisation, or claim your personal voice in the
blogosphere, then this workshop is for you!

My context will be rooted in the educational aspects of blogging, but we
will also look at personal and organisational blogging. We will not be
looking at blogging for profit, but if anyone wants to bring that in, you're
welcome!

The focus of this unworkshop will therefore be the nitty-gritty of blogging
from a beginners point of view and will be aimed at providing you with the
skills and motivation to set up, maintain and enhance your blog. You will
choose a blogging platform, set up your blog and post a blog every two days
for 4 weeks. (Don't worry you can cut and paste from your ideas/object
folder). You will also be required to speed read at least 2 blogs of the
people on your pathway and leave comments in order to support each other!

Start date: 10 November 2008 - 6 December 2008 (or there abouts....)

Content:

* Why do we need to blog- creating an ideas folder
* Reading and commenting on blogs
* Choosing a blogging platform (The difference between wordpress,
edublogs, blogger, iblog...)
* Registering for a blog
* Creating your first blogpost
* Customizing your blog
* Embedding videos,slideshows,pictures
* Inserting widgets
* Staying up to date with blogs
* Blogging safety
* Blog maintenance

To register, please complete the registration form
<http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?key=pUgRg0TzP1O_8K7zirHsiYw&hl=en>

Maggie

Ps spread the word...the more the merrier!

winmail.dat