Online course

Maggie Verster

Oct 21, 2009, 2:57:04 AM10/21/09
to ICT4champions
Hi All,

Can't remember if I have passed this on already, but I have just decided today that I am going to make time to participate in this free online course Introduction to Emerging Technologies . It would be really fantastic if you can all join me as the emphasis is on the use of technologies in Africa. Even though they are entering the second week- it usually takes a couple of weeks to settle in. So come and join me- I will be there to help you along as well!!! It is organised by Wikiversity and George Siemans is the facilitator. This alone makes it worthwhile to to join in!!!!!!!!!

It will delivered in French and English, addressing the concerns and opportunities around the use of technologies for learning in Africa.Weekly topics will focus on how emerging technologies and open education initiatives can be utilized in the context of Africa. Discussion will centre on the philosophy and ideology of technology, ICT for communication, creation, and content sharing, changing learner/educator roles, and the utilization of learning networks to increase educational opportunities for Africa.

For more information and to join in go here: http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Emerging_tech_Africa

See you online

Maggie Verster
e-mail: mag...@maggie.co.za