A bit lost with the new app

Bronwyn V

Oct 26, 2013, 7:21:33 AM10/26/13
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Anyhow.. with the old app, I used to get a demo page in the downloaded file that would display an icon image and it's value e.g. 

atm with the new app it's giving me the icon image, and some strange thing value="

where do i now get the value to use for the data-icon=""

Any help appreciated
Thanks

Keyamoon

Oct 26, 2013, 1:06:46 PM10/26/13
to ico...@googlegroups.com
The new demo file shows both the character itself (which the old one didn't), and the code for that character. The code is in hexadecimal. To get the HTML entity, all you need to do is add &#x to the left of that hex number and a semicolon to its right: 

Bronwyn V

Oct 26, 2013, 3:38:33 PM10/26/13
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, appreciate your help with that

Cheers :-))

Mario Peischl

Feb 9, 2014, 7:46:57 AM2/9/14
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Ok, got it. But why i didn't find this information in the docs? And why the [data-icon]:before entry in the css file was removed? It took me an hour to find out, that i have to add this manually and to tinker the HTML entity too.

Regards
Mario