failed to import SVG

Bryn Price

Jun 11, 2014, 1:56:33 AM6/11/14
to ico...@googlegroups.com
I've tried importing the attached SVG. The vector was created from a PNG, so i suspect it has something to do with the method (eg fill vs). However i have no tool to open an SVG. Can someone point me at a way to fix the attached? i thought it might be colour related so i tried a B/W negative, but that also failed.
bluedoorsicon.svg
bluedoorsiconNegative.svg

Keyamoon

Jun 11, 2014, 2:40:33 AM6/11/14
to ico...@googlegroups.com
You need to remove the background. All of your shapes would have the same color once imported to IcoMoon.
bluedoorsicon.svg

Bryn Price

Jun 11, 2014, 8:53:31 PM6/11/14
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Thanks that makes sense, how about the internal sections? Ie this is 3 concentric polygons. Currently these are paths with a white fill, but they disappear in icomoon, as they become the same colour. Is there a way to delete those as well (ie they become a transparent background). Manually removing the <path> tags with fill of white from teh svg didn't seem to work.

Keyamoon

Jun 11, 2014, 9:00:29 PM6/11/14
to ico...@googlegroups.com
You will need to subtract the white ones from the colored ones to make a hole. I did that in Illustrator. See the attached file.
bluedoorsicon.svg

Bryn Price

Jun 11, 2014, 9:10:07 PM6/11/14
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the explanation and updated the source file.