Icon designed to be alligned on grid is less crisp

myri...@gmail.com

May 29, 2018, 11:45:06 AM5/29/18
to IcoMoon
Hi.

I designed an icon alligning lines on grid (16).
When I import it in icomoon, it is not crisp.
If I modify it by moving line no more on grid, it looks sharper!
I do not understand why.
Does somebody have an explaination?

Thank you so much.

link for sharing:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://i.icomoon.io/public/temp/8cc43521a2/alephv92/style-svg.css">
<script defer src="https://i.icomoon.io/public/temp/8cc43521a2/alephv92/svgxuse.js"></script>

Keyamoon

May 30, 2018, 5:24:27 AM5/30/18
to IcoMoon
If you check the grid checkbox in IcoMoon's edit panel, you should see the lines in your SVG in between grid lines. If your lines lie in between grid lines, the result won't be crisp.

Move buttons in the Edit panel move the icon/path by 0.5px.
Message has been deleted

myri...@gmail.com

May 31, 2018, 3:29:36 AM5/31/18
to IcoMoon
HiKeyamoon.

Thanks for your answer.

Please find enclosed (https://we.tl/YqQ4e0Hdu1) two icons in which I drew middle horizontal lines are ON grid.
Still both icon do not look crisp for those horizontal lines in icomoon in none of "selection" or "font" sections. (by the way, the rendering in both section is different, is this normal?)

Do you see why this happens?
Thanks

Keyamoon

Jun 1, 2018, 8:22:45 AM6/1/18
to IcoMoon
They do look crisp. I don't see any issues. Make sure to set your font size to 16px and view them at 100% zoom in the browser.

myri...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2018, 9:16:47 AM6/1/18
to IcoMoon
Hi Keyamoon.

Thanks a lot for your answer.
I was already with browser at 100%, but it made me understand the point:

your remark reminded me that a long time ago on my windows, I set text size to medium at system level which is more confortable on laptop : this is 125% for text only!!! As font is considered as text...

When I change back to small size (100%), it is crisp! Voila!

Thanks again, this was driving me crazy.