Glyphs too complex for fonts?

wong...@gmail.com

Jul 20, 2018, 6:18:05 PM7/20/18
to IcoMoon
Does anyone know if there is a limit to how complex a glyph can be and still be able to generate a font from it? I have a piece of art that has worked in the past, but no longer does. It drops out about half of the points.

The art has been flattened, doesn't use complex compound paths, and there are no empty paths or masks.

I did a search and didn't find anything posted so if anyone knows or can point me in the direction of a related thread that would be helpful.

Thanks.

Keyamoon

Jul 23, 2018, 8:19:13 AM7/23/18
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you can have up to 200 segments in your SVG, which is quite high. If your glyph is more complicated than that, I would recommend against using it as a font glyph.

wong...@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2018, 8:44:47 AM7/25/18
to IcoMoon
I figured this was the case. Thanks for your help, Keyamoon.

Cheers.