Any tips for creating your own icons in Illustrator?

bend...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2014, 12:18:15 PM6/19/14
to ico...@googlegroups.com
I want to import my icons to the icomoon app, but I want to make sure they are as crisp as possible. Should I work at a specific size, snap to grid, etc.? Are there any guidelines for this? Thanks!

Keyamoon

Jun 20, 2014, 2:14:12 PM6/20/14
to ico...@googlegroups.com
In Illustrator, I personally don't use the pixel grid that Illustrator itself provides. Instead, I use a big canvas and draw my own pixel grid (using strokes). I have attached a sample here. For a 16px icon, I use a 512x512 px canvas. The reason I use a big canvas and my own grid is to achieve more precise results. For me, Illustrator tends to fail when I use its own pixel grid. Make sure you lock the grid layer and have "snap to point" turned on.
grid16.svg