Bottom pixel is cropped

stepa...@gmail.com

May 13, 2014, 10:58:28 AM5/13/14
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Hi all.

I want to report an issue. Recently I have found out the bottom pixel of icon is cropped.

Here are the steps to reproduce the problem:

1. Create an SVG icon. The icon should be designed so that that its bottom edge of the SVG shape touches the bottom edge of the SVG document.

2. In the icomoon app create a new font, import one or more SVG icons to the set.

3. Go to the font download page. Set the icon preview size to 24 pixels. The issue is mostly notable on circle shapes. Below please find the link to download my screenshot.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwSa9qV14tOQb1haRGN1cmZpeVU/edit?usp=sharing

My testing environment is Windows 7, Google Chrome browser (up-to-date).

Does anyone ran into same problem? Any possible solutions?

Similar problem is reported here https://github.com/FortAwesome/Font-Awesome/issues/277

Keyamoon

May 13, 2014, 11:07:43 AM5/13/14
to ico...@googlegroups.com
I followed your steps but couldn't reproduce it on Mac. I will try again later on Windows but if you can provide your project file, it'll make it easier to reproduce the issue and see what's causing it. You can download your project via Main Menu > Manage Projects.

stepa...@gmail.com

May 13, 2014, 11:10:53 AM5/13/14
to ico...@googlegroups.com

stepa...@gmail.com

May 13, 2014, 11:18:11 AM5/13/14
to ico...@googlegroups.com

Keyamoon

May 13, 2014, 1:25:54 PM5/13/14
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Okay, I was able to reproduce the issue. It seems to be an issue only in Windows. But I found a workaround for it in the IcoMoon app. In the font tab, under Preferences > Font Metrics, change the baseline from 6.25 to 6.