Feature: Tag Cloud for Metadata

Thomas Link

Nov 21, 2013, 4:53:36 AM11/21/13
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Hi Keamoon.
What’s you opinion to have a tag cloud or button to "filter" icons for better selection and management?
Group-by-tag would be an alternative solution - but this way icons might appear multiple times on a page.

Regards, Thomas

Keyamoon

Nov 21, 2013, 10:03:42 PM11/21/13
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas,

Why not use search for that? The search was improved a lot in the new version. I'm not sure if I would want to add more stuff to the UI.

Thomas Link

Nov 27, 2013, 12:17:57 PM11/27/13
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
In contrast to search the tag cloud would make the categories of an icon library visible. I recognized that non of my coworkers does recognize the value of the used tags in our library.
We try to use the metadata as a possibility for selecting a subset of icons - but unfamiliar user still select the sets manually (which is erroneous)

I agree, that new features must keep the UI clean.

What about a suggestion layer of keywords-by-count on focus of the search field?