Icon unicodes change when adding to font set

vde...@zonoff.com

Aug 20, 2015, 11:19:57 AM8/20/15
to IcoMoon
This has never happened to me before, but with the latest import of new icons, some unicodes have changed.

Anyone else encounter this issue?

Keyamoon

Aug 20, 2015, 11:51:20 AM8/20/15
to IcoMoon
Are you importing your "selection.json" file or are you importing new SVGs? Refer to this FAQ answer: https://icomoon.io/#faq/codes

vde...@zonoff.com

Aug 20, 2015, 12:20:39 PM8/20/15
to IcoMoon
I was importing new SVGs. So I can import the .json file from the old font set and get new unicodes for the additions? Or should I import the old .json file, then re-add the new icons?

In several cases I was duplicating an existing icon, then replacing the newly duplicated icon with the new icon I wanted to bring in. Probably not good, huh?

Keyamoon

Aug 20, 2015, 12:23:35 PM8/20/15
to IcoMoon
Yeah duplicating won't be good for maintaining the same codes. I would recommend importing your old selection.json file and then importing new SVGs. If you need to update one of your old icons, you could use Edit panel > Replace to replace the icon.

vde...@zonoff.com

Aug 20, 2015, 2:03:10 PM8/20/15
to IcoMoon
Sounds good, thanks for your help!