Imported SVGs show up blank?

randbr...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2014, 4:47:38 PM1/13/14
to ico...@googlegroups.com
I was attempting to use IcoMoon to create a font using vectors from game-icons.net, like this one: ( http://game-icons.net/icons/lorc/originals/svg/sundial.svg )

However, all of the icons I wanted to use showed up as blank when imported into IcoMoon. Does anyone have an idea of what might have gone wrong?

nal...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2014, 2:15:23 AM1/15/14
to ico...@googlegroups.com
I am also having this issue. Re-saving the svg files doesn't fix it.

Keyamoon

Jan 15, 2014, 3:12:36 AM1/15/14
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Importing guidelines: http://icomoon.io/#docs/importing

rpatr...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2014, 5:06:57 PM1/16/14
to ico...@googlegroups.com
I'm having the same problem, I'm saving out of illustrator and have played around with options, but still no luck... I went through the import guidelines and still no success.

here's my svg - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8994490/icon-arrow-left.svg

phineas...@digitaria.com

Jan 16, 2014, 6:10:07 PM1/16/14
to ico...@googlegroups.com
I just had the same issue when exporting from Illustrator CC, with the default options.

Illustrator CC has a new 'responsive' option (click "More Options" to see this), which removes the width and height attributes from the SVG.

Compare the SVG code between the responsive checked...

<svg version="1.1" id="Layer_1" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" x="0px" y="0px"
viewBox="0 0 512 512" enable-background="new 0 0 512 512" xml:space="preserve">

against unchecked...

<svg version="1.1" id="Layer_1" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" x="0px" y="0px"
width="512px" height="512px" viewBox="0 0 512 512" enable-background="new 0 0 512 512" xml:space="preserve">

Until a fix for this is committed, you can work around this by re-exporting your SVGs with this 'responsive' setting unchecked.

phineas...@digitaria.com

Jan 16, 2014, 6:11:26 PM1/16/14
to ico...@googlegroups.com
'More Options' can be found during the export process when saving the SVG.

Keyamoon

Jan 16, 2014, 8:19:26 PM1/16/14
to ico...@googlegroups.com
I just updated the app. The issue with importing SVGs with missing width/height attributes should be fixed now.

rpatr...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2014, 10:34:35 AM1/17/14
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Yay! You are awesome! That worked beautifully. Thank you.... and thank you for the great application.

seangrah...@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2016, 12:39:35 PM10/12/16
to IcoMoon
Im having this same issue. Still downloading blank icon kits from IcoMoon :/

Ive tried everything! Has to be easier than this right?

Thanks in advance for any help

Sean

Keyamoon

Oct 12, 2016, 12:41:12 PM10/12/16
to IcoMoon
See this: http://icomoon.io/#docs/importing

If you still couldn't figure it out, attach your SVG.

nico...@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2018, 6:27:13 AM10/13/18
to IcoMoon
Hi I do have the same problem, any one here to help ?
I can see the icon when imported, but it's a blank side when the font is generated.
Any thought?

michae...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2018, 5:42:27 PM10/17/18
to IcoMoon
Hi, I'm having the same issue. Can I attach my svg file?

Duncan Miller

Nov 8, 2021, 8:36:22 AM11/8/21
to IcoMoon
Ok so I did more research on this, you must make sure that your images in the file are all vector, if you have imbedded png's in your AI file you need to trace and expand them and then remove all unneccessary elements, leaving only shapes and no lines. Then export as SVG but responsive deselected ...Worked for me 100%

wansan ser

May 28, 2022, 3:02:14 AM5/28/22
to IcoMoon