Really not keen on the new UI - it's very confusing!

aidan...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2014, 11:59:18 AM3/21/14
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Up for discussion, here are a few things that are really frustrating me so far, in no particular order:

• I have a huge monitor and don't need the menu to be hidden. Would *especially* like to be able to quickly navigate projects in some sort of sidebar, or perhaps have a library of fonts i have uploaded easily accessible so I can just drag and drop them into sets

• The 'More icon sets' is confusing in its current position (I always inadvertently click it when I want to import icons); would like this more if it said 'Add a set from our library' or something like that.

• When in the font library, the button to navigate back to the main app shouldn't be at the bottom, it should be at the top! think 'back button' on a mobile device

• Come to think of it, the whole app could benefit from breadcrumbs. It's a pain in the ass when you go to a page and then can't get back without clicking the back button a ton of times.

• Should be able to drag and move icon sets without having to open a menu to 'move up' or 'move down'.

• The whole idea of selecting/deselecting icons in a list is confusing. Why not just show a repo of all the icons you've uploaded, and allow the user to just drag and drop these icons to icon sets. How often do you really need to 'switch off' a few icons in a set?

• Related to this, the buttons at the top (select, delete, move and edit) aren't required. Click and drag to move icons, tap to edit, and can drag out of the icon set to remove it. You can add similar functionality using the keyboard if you want to consider keyboard-only users. (shudder!)

• Should be able to drag and drop onto the page to add svgs to your library

• I understand marketing is important, but the sign in button should really be in the top right. At the very least, you can just move the smiley a bit further left.

• Buttons at bottom of page shouldn't show if i don't have fonts selected

• The eye button next to the font size is unnecessary. Just make the font size look more like an input, and add the unit afterwards (32 px? 32 elephants?)

I do very much appreciate how much work you've all put into this app! I do think there's huge potential for something much more usable, though.

Thomas Link

Mar 25, 2014, 11:21:10 AM3/25/14
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I don't argee with most UI requests except Drag and Drop.

I wish I could move and order icons dragging them at the desired location!