Can I define Ligatures using spaces? for example: "Next Page"

poly...@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2013, 9:52:56 PM7/17/13
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Changing the code in the templates would be problematic in my case, but I'd like to replace this string: "Next Page" with my custom icon font Glyph.

I have had good success using simpler Ligatures for other words, but I've never attempted anything with a space in it.

Related question: I also have a string with a special character in it.

It looks like this: Next →

But the WebKit Inspector reports it like this: Next →

I assume that last bit is a Unicode reference of some kind?

Is there any way I can use either of these as the strings to define a Ligature Glyph?

Thanks,
Robert

Keyamoon

Jul 18, 2013, 2:55:10 AM7/18/13
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Although it is possible to make ligatures using space or other special characters, they break in Chrome. That's why the IcoMoon app doesn't allow them.

igad...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2017, 6:51:31 AM4/18/17
to IcoMoon
Is that still an issue?! I guess not. But I also search for a documentation which characters are possible ligature characters? I found out that & and - do cause problems where space dosen't.