Adding icons to existing character font

Cam P

Feb 23, 2015, 3:48:03 AM2/23/15
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've just discovered icomoon when trying to add icons amidst text on a card game I'm working on. I've had success adding icons on their own but am now wanting to add icons amidst text.

So what I am wondering is whether there is any way to take an existing font in .ttf format, upload it to icomoon, then add in extra icons to the font and save it as a new font?

I came across this https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/icomoon/VP0DMl5Offc which essentially does what I want but I want to be able to do this with different fonts of my choosing.

Thanks in advance

Keyamoon

Feb 23, 2015, 3:50:43 AM2/23/15
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You can't currently import TTF fonts to IcoMoon. However, you can import SVG fonts. So if you convert your TTF to SVG (using something like http://freefontconverter.com/), you'll be able to import your font and add new glyphs to it.

Cam P

Feb 23, 2015, 6:27:10 AM2/23/15
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Wow! Thanks for the quick reply. This worked perfectly!

bra...@tarfoot.com

Jan 23, 2017, 4:53:29 PM1/23/17
to IcoMoon
This was a big help indeed!