Unicode values updating when adding new icons

karen....@gmail.com

Oct 21, 2013, 1:19:34 AM10/21/13
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Hi! I'm using the latest version of the app for a new project.

From what I understand, if you want to add new icons to an existing project, ýou click on the red 'Import Icons' button at the top left and select the selection.json file, which you had saved earlier. (I tried loading the json file via the Import Project link in Manage Projects, but received an error.)
- Once the json file is selected, it creates a new Untitled set of icons.
- Since the icons are shown in alphabetical order, if I add new icons, some of the unicode values of the older ones are getting updated, so when I download the files, I have the change the unicode values across my markup and CSS. I don't remember this being the case with the older app. Perhaps I am doing something silly?

Keyamoon

Oct 21, 2013, 1:31:50 AM10/21/13
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I can't reproduce this issue. The app preserves the old Unicode points for me. Could you provide a set of exact steps that I can follow to reproduce this problem?

karen....@gmail.com

Oct 21, 2013, 2:14:23 AM10/21/13
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I've provided steps below and linked to screenshots and e.g.
1) Create New Project and rename it, then click Load
2) Import Icons from Library, e.g. Icomoon and Linecons
3) Select the first three icons each of Icomoon and Linecons
4) Click the font button at the bottom and download the files.
5) Now click Import Icons red button at top left of the app
6) Upload the saved selection.json file
7) Untitled Set of Icons shows up at the top
8) Add new icons and Download the files
9) Now some of the icons have their unicodes changed, e.g. in the original demo html file, e603 is icon-home, but in the new one, it's icon-tv
10) Screenshot and demo links here
SCREENSHOT ORIGINAL
http://karenmenezes.com/icomoon-unicode/icomoon1-demofile.jpg

SCREENSHOT WITH ADDED ICONS, SEE ICON-HOME unicode change
http://karenmenezes.com/icomoon-unicode/icomoon2-demofile.jpg

DEMO HTML FILES
http://karenmenezes.com/icomoon-unicode/icomoon1/demo.html

file:///C:/Users/karen_000/Desktop/icomoon2/demo.html

karen....@gmail.com

Oct 21, 2013, 2:16:27 AM10/21/13
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Sorry the second DEMO HTML file url is
http://karenmenezes.com/icomoon-unicode/icomoon2/demo.html (linked to the local file, by mistake in the previous response)

Keyamoon

Oct 21, 2013, 3:26:11 AM10/21/13
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot for the thorough explanation of the problem. It must be fixed now. Please try again.

karen....@gmail.com

Oct 21, 2013, 10:41:39 AM10/21/13
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I just check and it appears to be working fine now :D Thanks a ton!!! Icomoon is truly an amazing service and made our lives so much easier :)