Odd behavior: Icons with the same first tag name have the same css class

chris....@meltwater.com

Jan 16, 2014, 11:28:33 AM1/16/14
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've come across an odd behavior in the Icomoon app that I'm hoping can be improved.

If I add multiple icons with the same first tag to a project, they will all be added to the project with the same class name. So, when I export the font, I will end up with two icons referred to by the same css class.

I can get around this fairly easily - I just have to edit the class names for each icon individually. This is easy to forget though, and it tends to lead to having to re-export the icons.

It would be nice if the app were sensitive to this, and did something to prevent duplicate classes. Appending a number to the end of the icon name seems like a logical choice. So, it might export .icon-edit, .icon-edit1, .icon-edit2, etc...

Keyamoon

Jan 16, 2014, 11:34:38 AM1/16/14
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I cannot reproduce this bug. For me, numbers get appended to the end of the glyph name for icons with the same tag. Can you provide a set of exact steps to follow an replicate this issue?

chris....@meltwater.com

Jan 16, 2014, 11:52:32 AM1/16/14
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Ahh, sure. Looks like it doesn't happen unless I import a saved project via selection.json.

Here's a detailed repro case:

1. Create a new Project from the dropdown
2. Import "Eco Ico" from the free sets. (Happens with imported SVG files, as well)
3. Select a few icons here, including one of the two icons tagged "images". (I did the last 5, starting with share and excluding the second "images")
4. Go to the fonts page and download the set of icons.
5. Go to the "Manage Projects" page and import "selection.json" from step 4.
6. Start editing the newly imported project.
7. Import the same icon set from step 2. (Eco Ico)
8. Select the second "images" icon, and make no further changes.
9. Navigate to the "fonts" page.

Expected: One icon named "images" and one icon named "images1"
Actual: Two icons named "images".

Thanks for the quick response, and let me know if you need anything more.

Keyamoon

Jan 16, 2014, 12:09:54 PM1/16/14
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. I made a change which should fix it. You may refresh and try again.

chris....@meltwater.com

Jan 16, 2014, 12:31:07 PM1/16/14
to ico...@googlegroups.com
That seems to have done it.

That was some amazing turnaround time; thank you very much!