What causes a color palette to appear?

mknap...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2016, 9:04:58 AM1/12/16
to IcoMoon
I'm experimenting with various different files generated by Inkscape, and noticed that just one of these files causes a color palette to appear. Moreover, with several files in the icon set, changing the palette only affects just this one file, and in an apparently arbitrary manner (there are two forms, one gets one color, the other another)
In another icon set, with different files, the color palette does not appear at all and there does not seem to be any way to create one should I want to do so.
What is that makes the color palette appear?
Did I mention? Fantastic application especially for ignorants like me!

Keyamoon

Jan 12, 2016, 9:12:02 AM1/12/16
to IcoMoon
Colors and color palettes in the IcoMoon app are still experimental. Which is why they are kind of hidden and can't be directly accessed. But if you want to use them, they only appear when you import SVGs with more than one color. The total number of different colors in a set should be less than 15; otherwise, the palette would disappear. Clicking on the color palette reveals a panel where you could add/change colors.

Let me know if you had any feedback as these features are still in development.