Insert/Overwrite modes

Two Seven Two Dev

Feb 25, 2017, 1:43:54 PM2/25/17
to icod...@googlegroups.com
The editor supports two types of input. Insert and overwrite modes.

We received a few reports where the editor was 'overwriting' the code when typed. It was related to this option being changed accidentally.

The top right bar, you will find a 'T' font icon. When it is blue (not highlighted) you are in insert mode. So if I have the following line:

$afunction();

In insert mode, if I put the cursor between the 'a' and 'f' in function and type ' = ' I will get:

$a = function();

Overwrite mode, which will be indicated by the 'T' icon highlighted and a single line through it, will type OVER existing code. This mode is useful at times and is a preference. Doing the same thing to the above code (for example purposes) would become:

$a = ction();

Because the editor was set to 'overwrite' existing code.

Hope this helps!

JPEG_20170225_134435_685778596.jpg
JPEG_20170225_134523_1601410052.jpg

Andrew Graham

Nov 16, 2018, 4:27:04 AM11/16/18
to I<code> GO
When editing a DroidScript project I have undo, redo and settings icons at the top right but no overwrite icon as described above.

There is an 'Input Overwrite Mode' selector in the the left drawer - Is this the only indicator now?

Two Seven Two Dev

Nov 16, 2018, 8:41:27 AM11/16/18
to I<code> GO
Yup, when we released 2.0 the top 'scrolling' UI bar was removed and the insert mode is normally what you have.

Checking the overwrite mode in the editor tab on the left slide menu will do the same. :-)

Siti zaleha

May 31, 2020, 3:58:17 PM5/31/20
to I<code> GO
Screenshot_20200530_200137_com.android.chrome.jpg