New to the area

Matt Beddow

May 30, 2013, 5:10:31 PM5/30/13
to icmpro...@googlegroups.com
Hello

Ive just moved to the area and found this space through the hackerspace wiki, but after reading some posts on here it seems that youve shut up shop.

I was a member of the space where i used to live and would be interesting in getting involved if this was ever resurrected or another space in the area created.

Cheers
Matt

Rodney Buckland

Jun 1, 2013, 2:31:51 PM6/1/13
to icmpro...@googlegroups.com
Hello Matt

Thanks for showing an interest. As far as I know, ICMP is up a creek without a paddle in a barbed wire canoe, but that's not to say that resurrection is unlikely, especially as there has been support for us at Medway Council Cabinet level.  Perhaps, a member of the (dormant) committee would care to summarise the committee's status and plans if any.

Rodney

Matt Beddow

Jun 2, 2013, 10:00:21 AM6/2/13
to icmpro...@googlegroups.com
Hello
I feared as much from reading the pinned post at the top of the group, but fingers crossed for a resurrection.

Martin Carr

Sep 18, 2013, 11:30:22 AM9/18/13
to icmpro...@googlegroups.com
I guess this group is well and truly dead then? Shame, only just found out about it via the Hackerspace wiki and it seems there isn't another group anywhere near Medway ;-(

ed

Sep 18, 2013, 12:35:37 PM9/18/13
to icmpro...@googlegroups.com
Sorry guys, I saw the original post when it came in, but got distracted and completely forgot.
As Rodney kindly pointed out, ICMPrototype has disbanded, and there are no plans to reform it.

There is an effort to create a similar group in the form of Medway Makers, who I think are having their first meeting tomorrow night (http://www.medwaymakers.com for more info).
Other than that, there are various topical meet-ups happening regularly (Kent Web meetup is also tomorrow night in Maidstone, Digibury is on the second wednesday of every month in Canterbury etc)

-ed

Steven Gartland

Sep 18, 2013, 3:06:23 PM9/18/13
to icmpro...@googlegroups.com

Hi Martin.

Thanks for getting in touch. Alas, the group is no more as we lost our space in the Medway Innovation Centre. Interestingly enough I have just received an email about a new maker space that may be starting in Medway. I have not yet had the chance to look into it but the following link may be of help:

http://www.medwaymakers.org.uk/

The chaps name is Tom and may be looking to start very soon.

I hope this is helpful and hope to see you around the Medway maker scene.

Steve