Prototype The Future

Peter Childs

Oct 9, 2012, 5:38:11 AM10/9/12
to icmpro...@googlegroups.com
Number of things....

We seam to have a lock of attendance in recent weeks, Ed calls this a Lull, many of us have new activities that have come up and taken up our time...

Can we have a quick show of hands as to who is still around and intending to join us. Even if your busy and unable to make it too the space, let us know what your prototyping and maybe we can help even if its virtual......

Ed and I are more available (now) on Tuesday nights and are planning to make it down this evening. (7pm ish in my case) If anyone else wishes to join us then please do.

If you are planning to be in the space and want company it can get very very quite if your by your self..... Post and you might not be alone.

If there are any new members who wish to join us, as we've said before please post with when you would like to meet and hopeful one of us can make ourselves available........ (Or find a mutually available time....)

On a more positive point... We now have a fully working bank account (even if the cheque book has not turned up yet :) ) and a verified Pay-pal account......If you want to pay your subs you can do so, (The Constitution says £5 a month)

  • You can do so via PayPal to prototy...@gmail.com. Their is a subscibe button on the website that *might work*
  • If you wish to pay by other means (Bank Standing Order, Direct Bank Transfer, Cheque) Then drop me a mail and I can give you account numbers...
  • Cheques should be made payable to "Prototype",
  • If you are paying more than £5 then let me know, If you Back Paying, or Forward Paying, or just donating.
  • If you wish to risk leaving cash in an envelope (with your name on it) in the room, then I spouse you can do that but let us know so we can pick it up before it goes walkabout.....

There will be a committee meeting on the Tuesday 23rd October 2012 at 19:30 all are welcome to attend. (Unless everyone else says they can't make it)

Peter.

Peter Childs

Oct 9, 2012, 5:59:51 AM10/9/12
to icmpro...@googlegroups.com
If you have a role of a "member" on the website you can also pay via our website and paypal, not sure how well this works however! Its currently set up for a £5 monthly subscription......

Peter.

Peter Childs

Oct 9, 2012, 6:21:52 AM10/9/12
to icmpro...@googlegroups.com
It DOES work and gives us some interesting ways to automate stuff, However its best not to bother........

Put simply if you want to give paypal 3.4% (37pence a month) then go ahead and use PayPal it is of course the only option if you want to pay via Credit or Debit card. I will play a blind eye to people paying us via PayPal and only paying 4.63 a month :)

If you want Prototype to get the all of your money (Which I'm thinking you do :) Then EMail me (or prototy...@gmail.com) for the Account Number / Sort Code and pay us directly (Standing Order/DBT)..... or pay Cash, or Cheque

Aitch

Oct 10, 2012, 2:42:35 PM10/10/12
to icmpro...@googlegroups.com
If people nmake payments as gift or friend or something instead of goods/services, I don't think fees are deducted

Aitch

Peter Childs

Oct 10, 2012, 2:49:34 PM10/10/12
to icmpro...@googlegroups.com
On 10 October 2012 19:42, Aitch <ait...@gmail.com> wrote:
If people nmake payments as gift or friend or something instead of goods/services, I don't think fees are deducted

True, however you can't use the "Subscription" feature (on the website) and you need to set it right when you send the money, we can't automate it you have to go into your paypal and send it as a Gift each time.....

In short its a bit of a pain and somewhat easier in most cases to set up a Standing Order or Direct Bank Transfer and cut out the middle man that is PalPay.

Peter.