hexagram Tun

Ana Drobot

Sep 20, 2020, 9:58:36 AM9/20/20
to iching...@googlegroups.com
I just wished to share this analysis of Tun hexagram, which I found in a movie series, The Virtuous Queen of Han, episode 21.
The empress is pregnant and has some health problems. As she consults the oracle related to her decision to go on with
her pregnancy, she gets Tun hexagram. In a dialogue with the emperor we see her analysis of it related to her context:

"Yuan, Heng, Li, Zhen are the for core values in the Book of Changes. The gathering of all four virtues indicate the start of life.

Tun hexagram, initial difficulty. Obstacles met in action. All shall be resolved.

Although there are difficulties, there are more possibilities of success. Obstacles are hard to overcome, but once overcome, it is a path to success. This is a sign of great omen.

 [...]

I believe that this pregnancy will be the same as this hexagram reading."

Vali Stoica

Sep 20, 2020, 12:55:49 PM9/20/20
to iching...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for sharing. It is all the more interesting as the interpretation of the hexagram is revealed in a movie.

Rawikitua Isherwood

Sep 20, 2020, 6:19:05 PM9/20/20
to iching...@googlegroups.com
It’s completely wrong. Tun/hexagram 33 is retreat and carries no expectation of success.

Sent from my iPhone

Vali Stoica

Sep 20, 2020, 10:47:54 PM9/20/20
to iching...@googlegroups.com
The comments fit with hexagram 3, Initial difficulty, Chun (Wilhelm).

Tiziano Mattei

Sep 21, 2020, 4:56:15 AM9/21/20
to iching...@googlegroups.com
The name of the hexagram is wrongly spelled. It refers to Zhun, hex 3, whose sentence presents the four virtues together (yuan heng li zhen).

--
centro di pratica, ricerca e formazione sull’I Ching

Centro TAO Network

rete di operatori olistici ed esperti dell'I Ching
www.centro-tao.it

Noi e il Mutamento
la prima community in italiano sull'I Ching
www.noieilmutamento.net

La Bussola d'Oro
blog de La Stampa dedicato all'I Ching
www.lastampa.it/Blogs/la-bussola-d-oro

Ana Drobot

Sep 23, 2020, 8:00:38 AM9/23/20
to iching...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to everyone for the clarifications.

Vali Stoica

Sep 23, 2020, 10:18:58 AM9/23/20
to iching...@googlegroups.com
We thank you for the interesting topic