sacrifice hexagram 47 line 5

ana styla

Jan 4, 2020, 10:58:58 PM1/4/20
to iching...@googlegroups.com
Does anybogy know what is the meaning of the term sacrifice in hexagram 47, line 5? Thanks.

Harmen Mesker

Jan 5, 2020, 11:46:08 PM1/5/20
to I Ching Online
Do you mean the meaning during a consultation of the Yijing or do you want more background information on the word si 祀?

HM

Anastyla

Jan 5, 2020, 11:51:52 PM1/5/20
to iching...@googlegroups.com
During a consultation. My friend is very ill and I.m afraid this is a sort of payback for a mistake from the past. Thanks.

On January 5, 2020 7:10:29 PM GMT+02:00, Harmen Mesker <hme...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Do you mean the meaning during a consultation of the Yijing or do you
>want
>more background information on the word *si* 祀?

Aropa

Jan 5, 2020, 11:59:31 PM1/5/20
to iching...@googlegroups.com
Do you believe in karma?

Anastyla

Jan 6, 2020, 12:06:42 AM1/6/20
to iching...@googlegroups.com
I don.t believe in karma because I saw very bad people not paying for their deeds. I think this world is homeland of bad people as Bible proves.

risherwood

Jan 6, 2020, 12:43:58 AM1/6/20
to I Ching Online
The meaning in context will depend on the question asked however sacrifice refers to offerings and oblations to the gods.