The I Ching we read is not the true I Ching.

Justin De Love

Sep 6, 2023, 10:16:23 PM9/6/23
to I Ching Online Group

The true I Ching is not written in words, but in events and actions. The ancients knew this and carefully compared the oracles with what actually occurred. We know people followed and still follow, signs and omens in nature and so the I Ching is a way of summoning an omen to order.

In early days,  the I Ching was almost certainly used for hunting on daily basis. At the end of each day the hunters would be able to compare their catch and any other events that took place to the oracle they had received that morning. Over the years they build up a great store of knowledge which probably forms the basis of the written I Ching we use today.

It is time that we reestablished this tried and tested methodology. To do this I am looking for people who are prepared to make predictions about short term events where the results are definitive and real. Then to let me know the results so I can add them to my database. I already a large number of stories, but as they all relate to my life they may not properly represent the experiences of others. In addition, I am old and my life is not that exciting – I don’t do much. I need the stories of those who have more active lives to make good examples. Nevertheless I will be adding stories from my life to this group so you may see the kind of thing I am trying to achieve.

How much better it would be if instead of merely reading the traditional text and more recent commentaries one could peruse many real life examples from the lives of others.

Taopage

Sep 26, 2023, 8:46:34 AM9/26/23
to iching...@googlegroups.com
"How much better it would be if instead of merely reading the traditional text and more recent commentaries one could peruse many real life examples from the lives of others. "

I subscribe to your suggestion. This group was created with the aim of sharing personal life examples of using I ching to learn about future.