Plugins

Jeff Hunt

Jan 18, 2017, 7:15:49 AM1/18/17
to ICEcoder
Hey Matt,

I've been using ICEcoder since v2.. One of the areas I believe lacking is the plugins, it could be very useful if users could upload their plugins.  Upon approval, they automatically get added to the list of plugins.  With that said, I'm almost finished building a "ICEcoder Plugins Store" per-say.  It will allow users to upload plugins, post further information in the store page and most importantly allow their custom plugins the ability to reach wider audiences rather than making a post somewhere and requiring people to do manual modifications for custom plugin installations.

I guess my biggest question here is why hasn't this been implemented yet?  Is it being restricted for some reason?

I've got other features I intend on building in, such as sFTP as a source, Bookmarks? (above the tabs of open files, to be controlled by a plugin) and some others.

Thanks!

Matt Pass

Jan 26, 2017, 8:32:06 AM1/26/17
to ICEcoder
Wow, using it since v2 - thanks for sticking with us so long!! :-)

Yes, I agree - I'd love to enable users to upload their own plugins, that would be awesome. The main reason it hasn't been built yet is because of the vetting that may be involved or 2 sets of plugins - official/vetted and realtime user provided.

In the meantime, if you create something you think others would like please let us know at in...@icecoder.net. The plugins store sounds interesting and we'd like to see what you've built.

sFTP is on the cards and bookmarks not on the cards soon but if you build something and want to put in a pull request I'd have a look.

Many thanks Jeff
Matt