ICEcoder v6.0 released!!

Matt Pass

Sep 28, 2017, 7:15:06 PM9/28/17
to ICEcoder
Hi everyone

Sorry it's been quite a while since the beta release. I wanted to do a lot more work on the v6.0 final release but unfortunately that didn't happen.

I actually found I became quite reliant on the v6.0 beta as it was, which is a good thing I guess as it's proved itself as a stable and a solid editor to develop with.

So, not a tonne of items within this release, but some cool items anyway. The first is that I've fixed the pesky bug re duplicate lines appearing at the start of files since the v6.0 beta release, so that's the most crucial item really. Aside from that, within v6.0 beta there's 3 new themes and existing ones have been updated a fair bit also. There's TypeScript syntax highlighting support now as a good few users have asked for that. Other than that it's been a few minor fixes here and there and many months of testing.

Aside from code updates, the big general news with this update is that ICEcoder is now FREE! Yep, completely free and future versions going forward will be also. It's thanks to the great userbase we have and generous donations and investments over the years that have meant ICEcoder has got to this point and to give back to the community, I'm making it free going forward from here. So, no more 14 day trials, unlock codes etc, just download and use as you'd like without paying anything. Cool huh?!

There's a lot more to do (a load of GitHub issues and I've got some great ideas also), so a fresh new drive forward begins from here.

As always, please let me know of any issues or ideas, all feedback welcomed. Hope you like the new version and thanks again for all your support.

Onnnnwaaarrrds!

Matt