ICEcoder Desktop v0.2 released!

Matt Pass

Sep 29, 2017, 4:59:39 AM9/29/17
to ICEcoder
Hi everyone

Big news today - ICEcoder Desktop is being officially released as a new way to use ICEcoder, as software.

It started off as a proof-of-concept around 3 years ago and has largely been forgotten about. However, there may be real use cases where desktop based coding is required, such as working locally with a VM (Virtual Machine), such as Vagrant.

So I've released ICEcoder v0.2, which is now available from the Downloads section on the website. It's the software version of the newly released ICEcoder v6.0 and has a couple of minor issues, so I'm labelling it as v0.2 because there will be some issues to work out.

It is Windows only software only at present (ie, it's an .exe), the iOS version coming soon and there's not even an installer, it just runs as soon as you run the ICEcoder.exe file and allows you to code using your local files. A Mac version, installer and probably a few bugs to fix will all be coming soon.

Please let me know of any issues and remember it's a super early bird release, so best to test in a sandbox/dev setup right now. Exciting times tho.

Enjoy!

Matt