icat-4.1.0 database table only authentication

c.felder.m.sc

Jun 26, 2012, 10:34:27 AM6/26/12
to icatproje...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have deployed an ICAT 4.1.0 and want to use database table only authentication.
I commented out all lines with '!' instead of the following in icat.properties:

auth.classname org.icatproject.useransto.facility.AnstoUser

and added an entry to the table USER_TABLE_ANSTO.

Any login attempt (e.g. by the test.py script) fails with an org.icatproject.core.IcatException of type INTERNAL.

Has anyone tested this or a running system with db table only authentication?

Thanks for any help.
Christian

Steve Fisher

Jun 27, 2012, 8:37:24 AM6/27/12
to icatproje...@googlegroups.com
I have not tested this recently so it is possible that it is broken.
The icat.properties file must be in place when you deploy ICAT and is
not re-read. Try doing a reload from the glassfish console or asadmin
redeploy ...

Have a look at icat.log and server.log in the logs directory of your domain

Steve

c.felder.m.sc

Jul 2, 2012, 9:57:45 AM7/2/12
to icatproje...@googlegroups.com
I have forgotten to copy the icat.properties file to

$GLASSFISH_HOME/glassfish/domains/domain1/config

now it seems to work.

thanks for your help.