python-icat 0.20.0 released

Rolf Krahl

Nov 3, 2021, 5:38:04 PM11/3/21
to icat...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

I released Friday last week a new version (0.20.0) of

python-icat - Python interface to ICAT and IDS

The new version adds one new feature in the Query class, it allows to
use JPQL to be used on the attributes in the in the conditions and the
order clause.

You can run

$ pip install python-icat

to install it. (You must still install the system requirements,
e.g. Suds, though. This will not happen automatically.)

Unfortunately, there is a compatibility issue between Sphinx and a
recent release of docutils. As a result, the online documentation at
Read the Docs fails to build for this version. Read the Docs still
shows the documentation for 0.19.0 in the stable branch. I'll fix
that in another release 0.20.1 shortly, probably this Friday.

Best regards,
Rolf

--
Rolf Krahl <rolf....@helmholtz-berlin.de>
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie (HZB)

Rolf Krahl

Nov 5, 2021, 1:31:34 PM11/5/21
to icat...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

as already indicate in the announcement of python-icat 0.20.0, I
prepared another release (0.20.1) of

python-icat - Python interface to ICAT and IDS

This release fixes an issue in build of the online documentation.
Furthermore, as I now tested successfully with Python 3.10, I marked
compatibility with that Python version in the package metadata.

The content of the python-icat package has not changed with respect to
version 0.20.0.