ICAT 5 snapshots available

Kevin Phipps - STFC UKRI

Jun 9, 2022, 4:57:15 AM6/9/22
to icat...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

The long awaited snapshot release of ICAT 5 is now available. Apologies it is a bit later than we hoped. Rolf and I didn’t manage to get it done before my holiday and then I returned from holiday with COVID, so it has been challenging!

And special thanks to Rolf for all his support reviewing PRs and providing input on various issues along the way.

The snapshot release of icat.server is now available at:

https://repo.icatproject.org/repo/org/icatproject/icat.server/5.0.0-SNAPSHOT/

The distro.zip item in that directory is the one to download.

The documentation is at:

https://repo.icatproject.org/site/icat/server/5.0.0-SNAPSHOT/

The corresponding icat.client is available at:

https://repo.icatproject.org/repo/org/icatproject/icat.client/5.0.0-SNAPSHOT/

with documentation at:

https://repo.icatproject.org/site/icat/client/5.0.0-SNAPSHOT/

Please remember that some of the links in the documentation do not work as this is a snapshot release and most/all of the release filenames have a timestamp in them to make them unique.

The installation instructions for icat.server have been updated and are at:

https://repo.icatproject.org/site/icat/server/5.0.0-SNAPSHOT/installation.html

Some things to highlight that are different from previous releases:

·        If you are upgrading an existing ICAT, there is no database schema migration script to run. This is now all done automatically upon installation by Eclipselink.

·        If you want to take advantage of the new functionality to automatically maintain Dataset and Investigation fileSize and fileCount fields then there is an additional SQL script that you will need to run on your database after upgrading to ICAT 5.

·        The icat.client is now only the Java client. The python client has been removed. Use python-icat instead.

Please test that these versions work for your facility and provide feedback on any issues that you find. Report issues in the relevant github repo, or contact me if you have any questions about the releases.

Regards,

Kevin

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the named recipients. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or distribute this email or any of its attachments and should notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system. UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise risk of this email or any attachments containing viruses or malware but the recipient should carry out its own virus and malware checks before opening the attachments. UKRI does not accept any liability for any losses or damages which the recipient may sustain due to presence of any viruses.