Join Us on Friday During Global Days of Action to Shut Down Guantanamo!

Bob Palmer

May 15, 2013, 11:52:37 AM5/15/13
to icat-anno...@googlegroups.com
May 17th-May19th Global Days of Action to Shut Down Guantanamo!

May 17 will be 100th day of the Guantanamo Hunger strike, through which men detained at the Guantanamo Bay detention center have been protesting their immoral indefinite detention by the U.S. government. May 17th to May 19th are Global Days of Action to support the hunger strikers and demand that Guantanamo be shut down now.

Here in Chicago we will meet at Federal Plaza on Friday, May 17 at 4 P.M. for a brief rally and then hold a procession of people in orange jumpsuits and black hoods, which have come to symbolize the crime that is Guantanamo and to symbolize our solidarity with those being held there.  RSVP for the action at https://www.facebook.com/events/592988150711229.

Hunger Strike Song

The Peace Poets and Witness Against Torture have collaborated on a Hunger Strike Video that WE NEED YOUR HELP posting, sharing & promoting. Watch the video and find out how you can share it at http://wp.me/pVcS6-a6.

Thanks from the Illinois Coalition Against Torture!