We invite you to join the Chicago Coalition to Close Guantanamo for our weekly vigil on Friday at 4:30-5:30 pm at Dearborn and Jackson!

Bob Palmer

Sep 13, 2013, 12:28:16 AM9/13/13
to icat-anno...@googlegroups.com
112 Days Since President Obama’s Promise to Close Guantánamo: Only 2 Men Released
September 13, 2013

· 164 men remain imprisoned
· 155 men haven’t been charged
· 84 men have been cleared for release, most of all of whom have been imprisoned without charge for more than 11 years
· 19 men have been on hunger strike for 219 days
· 18 men are being force-fed in violation Article 7 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, which prohibits torture or cruel, inhumane, and degrading treatment

Hi Friends,

We invite you to join the Chicago Coalition to Close Guantanamo for our weekly vigil on Friday at 4:30-5:30 pm at Dearborn and Jackson!

We are looking for folks to
- wear an orange jumpsuit and black hood which represent the men detained indefinitely in Guantanamo Bay Prison.
- hand out flyers to passerby.
- engage people in conversation about the prison, policies and solutions to close Guantanamo!
- hold a sign with the people in orange jumpsuits
- come down to say hi, take a picture, make a post on facebook/twitter, etc.

If you cannot join us, please consider
- reading Shaker Aamer's account from inside Guantanamo Bay Prison : http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/shaker-aamer/shaker-aamer-guantanamo-have-i-lost-hope_b_3683130.html?utm_hp_ref=uk
- visiting our facebook page to learn more about the Hunger strike and what is going on with Guantanamo https://www.facebook.com/#!/ChicagoCoalitionToShutDownGuantanamo
- reading about the force-feeding our friend Andres went through at the White House this week : http://www.democracynow.org/2013/9/9/headlines#9914