Postdoc Position at Saarland University

Joerg Hoffmann

May 14, 2024, 5:22:34 AMMay 14
to icaps-co...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

I'm looking to hire an additional postdoc in my group at Saarland University, Saarbrücken, Germany.

The total duration of the position can be up to 6 or more years. The initial contract duration can be negotiated.

You will be free to pursue your own research agenda. What I expect for alignment with the group is an interest in combining symbolic with data-driven (ML) methods in the (broadly construed) planning context. Relevant topics include representations and methods for learning action policies and generalized plans; methods for analyzing the properties of such policies/plans (see our papers on neural policy verification and testing); any form of using LLMs in planning; explainable/human-aware planning. I'm happy to discuss individual research visions with candidates to check whether this could fit.

On the teaching side, you will be expected to contribute to our ongoing program, and will have the opportunity to develop own lectures/formats if you wish.

Please contact me if you could be interested.

best,
Jörg