3 PhD and 1 Postdoc positions on neuro-symbolic methods in graduate school in Saarbrücken

Joerg Hoffmann

Jun 3, 2024, 4:46:53 PMJun 3
to icaps-co...@googlegroups.com
[sorry for cross-postings]

Dear all,

our graduate school on neuroexplicit methods in Saarbrücken, funded by the DFG, is opening another round of positions.

The program for such graduate schools is (in difference to most other funding programs) not fixed. On the planning side, anything in the realm of planning algorithms & neural networks is in principle possible -- like e.g. policy/heuristic function representations, planning & RL, any use of LLMs in planning, combinations of learned knowledge and search, using symbolc methods to analyze ML artefacts.

As a whole, the graduate school covers research in vision, language, ML, RL, and planning. The tight couplng across these areas raises the opportunity to learn, in particular, from experts on recent advances in neuro-symbolic approaches for vision and language processing.

The full job add is here: https://www.neuroexplicit.org/jobs/

If this could be of interest to you, and you happen to be at ICAPS, please seek me out and talk to me. Of course also happy to receive an email if you're not at ICAPS.

best,
Jörg