2016-2020 MEAC-SWG comes to an end

Baher Esmat

Jun 30, 2020, 5:29:43 AM6/30/20
to icann-m...@googlegroups.com

Dear 2016-2020 MEAC-SWG Members and Observers,

In June 2016, many of us embarked on a 4-year journey aiming at better serving the needs of the ICANN Middle East community. Together, we developed a regional strategy, developed four annual implementation plans, developed three annual review and assessment documents, and held a number of public-facing events; both at ICANN meetings and virtually via webinars.

During this timeframe, we saw new faces get exposed to ICANN and its role, more people get involved in ICANN’s different processes, more DNSSEC deployment and validation, more root-server instances, more capacity building activities, a space dedicated to the Middle East community at ICANN meetings starting from ICANN60 in Abu Dhabi... and much more.

Today, the mandate of the MEAC-SWG comes to an end, and myself and my GSE Middle East team would like to express our sincerest gratitude to each and every one of you for your contributions to the work of the ICANN regional strategy. Your dedication, time, and efforts have contributed to the further advance our engagement efforts across the region.

What’s Next?

A new regional plan covering the next 5 fiscal years (2021-2025) has already been developed, and a blog will go out later today announcing it together with the FY21 action plan.

Moreover, we have started to work on a 4-year review and assessment of the 2016-2020 MEAC Strategy, and we hope to share it with you in a blog post sometime in late July or early August 2020.

We would also like to seek your opinion on whether to keep the 2016-2020 MEAC-SWG mailing list (icann-m...@googlegroups.com), or dissolve it? We are of the opinion that too many mailing lists is not beneficial, nor is it easy to maintain, and therefore we are more leaning towards dissolving it. In case the MEAC-SWG mailing list is dissolved, the alternative method to continue to receive our regional updates is to subscribe to the Middle East ICANN mailing list via the following URL >> https://mm.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/middle-east. Unless we hear different views on this, we shall go ahead and dissolve the mailing list.

The working space of the MEAC-SWG will continue to remain available at https://community.icann.org/display/MES/MEAC+Strategy+2016-2020.

Once again, thank you, and we look forward to continuing to work with you in the future.

Best regards,

Baher

Baher Esmat

Vice President, Global Stakeholder Engagement, Middle East

Mobile: +20 122 325 1122

Skype: baher.esmat

Twitter: @baheresmat

www.icann.org

Hadia Abdelsalam Mokhtar EL miniawi

Jun 30, 2020, 6:30:54 AM6/30/20
to baher.esmat, icann-m...@googlegroups.com
?Thank you Baher and team for engaging the community in the development of ICANN's regional plan. We continue to look forward to the implementation and to more collaboration with the GSE team.

Kind regards

Hadia

________________________________

We would also like to seek your opinion on whether to keep the 2016-2020 MEAC-SWG mailing list (icann-m...@googlegroups.com<mailto:icann-m...@googlegroups.com>), or dissolve it? We are of the opinion that too many mailing lists is not beneficial, nor is it easy to maintain, and therefore we are more leaning towards dissolving it. In case the MEAC-SWG mailing list is dissolved, the alternative method to continue to receive our regional updates is to subscribe to the Middle East ICANN mailing list via the following URL >> https://mm.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/middle-east. Unless we hear different views on this, we shall go ahead and dissolve the mailing list.

The working space of the MEAC-SWG will continue to remain available at https://community.icann.org/display/MES/MEAC+Strategy+2016-2020.

Once again, thank you, and we look forward to continuing to work with you in the future.

Best regards,
Baher

Baher Esmat
Vice President, Global Stakeholder Engagement, Middle East
Mobile: +20 122 325 1122
Skype: baher.esmat
Twitter: @baheresmat
www.icann.org<http://www.icann.org>

Walid AL-SAQAF

Jun 30, 2020, 7:06:47 AM6/30/20
to Baher Esmat, icann-m...@googlegroups.com
Dear Baher, Fahd and the wonderful MEAC-SWG community,

It was a wonderful journey that started 4 years ago and culminated in my view with remarkable efforts serving the region in many positive ways. I am honored to have been there at the start and glad to see how it has matured and grown to what it has become.

All the very best to you all in your new endeavors for our region.

Sincerely,

Walid

Hadia Abdelsalam Mokhtar EL miniawi

Jun 30, 2020, 7:13:44 AM6/30/20
to Walid AL-SAQAF, baher.esmat, icann-m...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Walid, working with you and all the colleagues was an honor we achieved a lot together and lets continue to be this strong supporting community.

Best Wishes

Hadia

Fahd Batayneh

Jun 30, 2020, 8:59:54 AM6/30/20