ICANN67 Online Readout Session

1 view

Fahd Batayneh

Mar 2, 2020, 8:12:25 AM3/2/20
to icann-m...@googlegroups.com, icann-me...@googlegroups.com, Baher Esmat, Seher Sagiroglu

Friends and Colleagues of the Current MEAC Strategy and the New MEAC Strategy Working Groups,

I trust this finds you well.

As always, we would like to hold an online readout session or ICANN67. The readout session would include updates from some SO/ACs, in addition to updates on key hot topics being debated at ICANN. To this end:

  1. Would you like to share an update on a SO/AC or a topic being discussed at ICANN67 keeping in mind that you will need to share the discussions as they occurred away from any personal input/feedback. The intervention would be for 8 minutes maximum.
  2. We are looking at 23, 24, 25, or 26 March 2020 as the date of the readout session. Would you like to suggest a date, and maybe a time?

Past readouts accommodated 5 topics maximum.

Can we keep this thread open until Monday 9 March 2020 at 23.59 UTC?

Thank you,

Baher, Seher, and Fahd

Fahd Batayneh

Mar 5, 2020, 2:04:48 AM3/5/20
to icann-m...@googlegroups.com, icann-me...@googlegroups.com, Baher Esmat, Seher Sagiroglu

Friends and Colleagues,

Any reactions to the below?

Thank you,

Fahd

Date: Monday, March 2, 2020 at 3:12 PM
Subject: ICANN67 Online Readout Session

Hadia Abdelsalam Mokhtar EL miniawi

Mar 5, 2020, 3:32:00 AM3/5/20
to fahd.batayneh, icann-m...@googlegroups.com, icann-me...@googlegroups.com, baher.esmat, Seher Sagiroglu

Hi All,

I can share an update from the ALAC or about the EPDP  for the gTLD registration data and I would choose Monday 23rd

Kind regards

Hadia

Rafik Dammak

Mar 6, 2020, 6:37:34 PM3/6/20
to Fahd Batayneh, icann-m...@googlegroups.com, icann-me...@googlegroups.com, Baher Esmat, Seher Sagiroglu
Hi Fahd,

if needed I can give update on EPDP. For date, 23rd march is ok.

Best,

Rafik

Manal Ismail

Mar 7, 2020, 5:56:48 AM3/7/20
to Rafik Dammak, fahd.batayneh, icann-m...@googlegroups.com, icann-me...@googlegroups.com, baher.esmat, Seher Sagiroglu

I can do 23, 24 or 25 to report on the GAC if needed ..

Kind Regards

--Manal

Fahd Batayneh

Mar 14, 2020, 3:32:14 AM3/14/20
to New MEAC Strategy Working Group, MEAC-SWG, Baher Esmat, Seher Sagiroglu

Friends and Colleagues,

Thank you to those who responded to this call. The readout will have the following 5 items (in no certain order yet):

  • Update from the GAC – Manal Ismail
  • Update from the ALAC – Hadia Elminiawi
  • SubPro – Jeff Neuman
  • EPDP – Rafik Dammak
  • Universal Acceptance – Abdelmonim Galila

We had a suggestion from Chokri Ben Romdhane for an update on “ICANN’s Open Data Initiative”, but as the above 5 topics were sufficient to fit into a 1-hour webinar, we were of the view to drop it for this readout.

We are working with the above 5 speakers to iron down a final date and time. We will share this all with you and the wider community once concluded.

Chokri Ben Romdhane

Mar 14, 2020, 7:37:31 AM3/14/20
to Fahd Batayneh, New Middle East Strategy WG, MEAC-SWG, Baher Esmat, Seher Sagiroglu
Hi Victoria,
Seems that my proposal to update Middle East community  about open data program was rejected.
So no need to be in touch with Fahd.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
Freindly
Chokri

Chokri Ben Romdhane

Mar 14, 2020, 11:00:38 AM3/14/20
to Fahd Batayneh, New Middle East Strategy WG, MEAC-SWG, Baher Esmat, Seher Sagiroglu
Dear Fahd and all,
I'm really sorry to know that my proposal to update our ME community about the Open data program was rejected!?

I personally think that this program is important and useful for our community since it will :
-Increase transparency and Improve accessibility and availability of ICANN data.
-Strengthen ICANN org’s procedures, processes, and standards for higher data.

I encourage all our community members to visit the open data platform website : opendata.icann.org in order to know more about this program.

Freindly
Chokri

Fahd Batayneh

Mar 23, 2020, 11:27:31 AM3/23/20
to icann-m...@googlegroups.com, icann-me...@googlegroups.com

Friends and Colleagues,

For those who had interest in attending the ICANN67 Online Readout session yet could not attend, the recording for the webinar can be accessed here >> https://icann.zoom.us/rec/share/pvB8bLretUlOcrPIs3OERIliA4HPX6a8h3IXq6UJy0gmJo-tKYEmY3vX_Dbb1VFA.

If you have any feedback or suggestions on this readout or for our future readout sessions, please do share.

Thank you,

Baher, Seher, and Fahd

Date: Monday, March 23, 2020 at 10:50 AM
Subject: [TODAY] [Webinar Invitation] ICANN67 Online Readout Session | Monday 23 March 2020 | 14.00 - 15.00 UTC

Friends and Colleagues,

You are cordially invited to attend the ICANN67 Online Readout Session. The purpose of the webinar is to share updates on key discussions held during ICANN’s first ever virtual public meeting; ICANN67.

When: Monday 23 March 2020 at 14.00 - 15.00 UTC

Where: Zoom at https://icann.zoom.us/j/944841260

More details, including agenda, can be found in the following link >> https://go.icann.org/3a2tXZ8.

We look forward to seeing you during the readout.