parents-children and print question

pierre.m...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2018, 9:33:53 AM6/7/18
to AtoM Users
Hello there,

I know a person who had a lot of notices and who would like print all of them.
But it seems she has 2 problems:
- Firstly, notices doesn't have child records that correspond to files and items, as precised here: https://www.accesstomemory.org/en/docs/2.0/user-manual/reports-printing/create-file-list-report-print/
There is only a lot of single notices.
-> Please, is there a way to define parent after children existing?

- Secondly, on notices pages, there's a "Report" link but not "Download" link like for example on https://demo.accesstomemory.org/history-236-student-papers-1950-1951
-> How to do to have it?

Thanks in advance, I discovered AtoM yesterday

Pierre

Dan Gillean

Jun 8, 2018, 3:16:32 PM6/8/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Pierre,

What version of AtoM are you using? I noticed that you've linked to the 2.0 documentation - though we currently have a 2.4 release available, and are preparing a 2.4.1 bug fix release currently. Can you please check the full version included in Admin > Settings, at the top of the page?

If the site is publicly accessible, sending a link so that I can take a look would be very helpful!

I think there may also be a translation issue - can you please tell me what you mean by "notices"? Do you mean archival description reports? Currently in AtoM, those reports are flat - that is, they don't include heirarchical information about parents. The File report will only include file-level descriptions, and the Item-level report will only include the items, regardless of where they are in the hierarchy.

If you are using a later version of AtoM such as 2.3 or 2.4, then you might consider using the Finding aid generation instead. I think this will give you more of what you're looking for. See:
The download button that you are seeing in the link from our demo site is how Finding aids are made available to public users in the 2.4 release. I suggest that you consider upgrading to the latest version - it sounds like this might meet your needs.

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

pierre.m...@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2018, 6:07:08 AM6/11/18
to AtoM Users
Thanks for your answer, Dan,

I'm using version 2.2.1 - 123.
Sadly, site is not public.
By "notice", I would mean "record", all the records should be children records but they don't have parent yet.

Thanks again

Pierre